Monday, November 10, 2014

Reclamation #ProjectMe



Today I venture to Europe. 

I'm writing this blog post today from the airport, a surprisingly compfortable home away from home for me.

If you'd asked me 5 years ago what my opinion was of flying I would have told you that it scared me.  So surreal to be enjoying the compforts of this environment, amongst strangers.

Today I venture to Europe.  This will be my third time traveling abroad.  Can still remember the first like it was yesterday - too yesterday!  I was so afraid!!!  

I'm not sure why I went really - accept for my affinity for taking risk and seeking out adventure.  Looking back I can see how irresponsible pushing ones boundaries can be if the boundaries pushed are more about other people's expectations.  Pushing ones own boundaries is like listening to your body when working out or playing a Sport.  Only you can know what can be pushed, even with a coach or trainer testing your limits.

Today this trip is symbolic of reclamation.

It is a gift to myself, for myself & to fulfill my personal promise to live my life on my terms. 


Speaking of my terms: 

When planning 2014 I combed through my favorite things from the last 5 years including travel, writing, friendships, family, social media, networking, self pampering, achievements, learnings, moments of empowerment, goals set and the characteristics of sensuous islands of experience.  These islands included love, food, sights and the unknown.

This trip includes all of my favorite things ... it is a masterpiece and one of many many to come.  Expansion - it's my birthright.  

Millennials get it.  :)


Speaking of age: 

I recently read about happiness (of course) and how there is a U shaped curve in our lives.  In this research it was determined that (in the US in particular) there is a significant drop in happiness around 45 followed by an increase from there.  Of course, optimists tend to curb the curve better than pessimists - but regardless we all seem to go through it.

That being said I've began to evaluate what it is I really need over the coming decade to enjoy this part of the journey.  I certainly could travel abroad every year as part of my strategy - but I've wondered what the fundamentals are, the things I can make my foundation.

It's been in knowing so many wonderful people in their 40's and seeing their struggles first hand that I've realized trips are not enough, status is not enough & wealth is not enough ... as it turns out, what is "enough" for me is actually a "less is more" situation.

Now, part of this trip is about taking the time to refresh my personal vision for the coming 5-10 years and specifically setting my compass for 2015.


Here are the things I care most about right now.

- Relationships ... falling a little bit in love with the people I meet on my journey.  
- Family (biological & chosen members)
- Food Alchemy
- Starting Businesses & Business Partnerships
- Transforming the large company I am so madly and passionately in love with.
- Helping others of all ages & backgrounds ... especially if my heart is in it.
- Video Games & other forms of play.
- Creating & writing
- Self expression
- Health & Fittness 
- Making & spending money.
- Setting short & long term goals.
- Endlessly learning.
- Holding amazing boundaries.
- Valuing Authenticity above Happiness or Sadness/ Positivity or Negativity
- Seeing the world's possibilities vs problems; anticipating the "surprises", the "synchronicity".
- and of course ... serving to disrupt any status quo that has seen it's time.

Much of what's on this list can be experienced without travel, in fact most can be experienced within a small community, extending outward if equipped with wifi and a smart phone.  This is incredibly empowering in such a humble way.


Reclamation: 

Though this trip is about reclamation and is the "exclamation point" at the end of what feels like a 5 year sentence ... it's also an epic reset button and a whispered promise to return to what matters most.  It's taken quite a bit of learning and unlearning and self awareness to feel a shift towards reclamation and genuinely be feeling it happen.

Looking forward to expressing this journey without reservation and with authenticity.

In my world, a vacation is never just a vacation and there's no such thing as coincidence and every single step taken is divine ... fucking beautifully & deliberately actualized in concert with my highest potential - something I believe is already here with me right now & can't ever be taken away.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment